RLW Line Reactors
The new MTE RLW Reactors are an enhanced design of Reactors designed to be used on the line or load side of a variable speed drive or inverter.
The enhanced design features a more compact, lightweight design at a lower cost.
RLW Line Reactors can be placed on the input or the output of an inverter or variable speed controller.
When used on the input side of an inverter/drive, the RLW Reactor will protect other electronic equipment from noise created by the inverter/drive. They will also protect the inverter/drive from incoming surges and spikes and will reduce harmonic distortion therefore helping you meet the IEEE 519 harmonic standard.
When used on the output side of an inverter/drive, the RLW reactor will reduce dv/dt and motor terminal peak voltage. They will also reduce motor temperatures and audible noise in motor loads.
RLW Line Reactors Features and Benefits
- Protect Motors from Long Lead Effects
- Reduce Output dv/dt Voltage
- Eliminate Nuisance tripping of Variable
- Speed Controllers or Inverters
- Reduce THD
- Reduce Surge Currents
- Reduce Motor Temperature and Audible Noise
- Improve True Power Factor
- Helps meet IEEE 519 or EN 61000-3-4 Harmonic Performance Standards
- Increase Semiconductor Life
- Smaller, lighter and lower cost than other standard Reactor products in the industry
- DIN Rail mounting option
- Expanded inductance values; 1.5%, 3.0%, 5.0%
- Ratings from 0.5A to 750A
RLW Line Reactor Impedance Ratings
RLW Series Line Reactors are available in 1.5% impedance, 3% impedance and 5% impedance ratings.
1.5% impedance Line Reactors are suitable for reduction of low level voltage transients.
3% impedance Line Reactors are suitable for reducing power line spikes and motor current surges. They will also help prevent nuisance tripping of circuit breakers in inverters and variable speed drives.
5% impedance Line Reactors provide the benefits of the 3% Reactors plus are suitable for reducing harmonic currents and frequencies, reducing motor temperature and noise and meeting IEEE 519 standard.
RLW Line Reactor Selection
For further technical information, please download the brochure below or the operators manual for selection charts and cross reference between RL and RLW Reactors.