GRIDCON ACF Compact Four Wire Active Harmonic Filters
The GRIDCON ACF Compact Active Harmonics Filter is a four wire system from Industry leaders Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen (MR). Featuring high power density IGBT modular power units of 60A per phase, anywhere from one to five harmonics compensating modules can be installed per cabinet.
The new GRIDCON ACF Compact Active Harmonic Filter is based on a 3 level IGBT circuit with many benefits, including lower losses, higher efficiencies, higher power density, higher dielectric strength and the ability to handle higher frequencies.
GRIDCON ACF Compact Active Harmonic Filters are based on a modular platform. Each internal module is rated at 60A. Due to the high density of the new 3 level IGBT topology, each cabinet can be fitted with five modules, delivering a maximum of 300A / 208kvar per phase, 900A rated compensating current for the Neutral conductor.
The GRIDCON ACF Compact Active Harmonic Filter can handle voltages of up to 415V +10%.
Features & Benefits
- Dynamically filters current harmonics to the 51st order
- Removes load from the Neutral Conductor
- Provides Load Balancing
- Complies with EN 50178, EN 61439-1, EN 61439-2, EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-4, EN 55011 standards
- Modular design means that expanding current in future is as simple as installing additional amplifier modules in the cabinet. Ideal of load is not known during the specification stage.
- High power density, 300A per phase of compensating current in a compact 600mm wide cabinet
- Handles voltages of up to 415V
- Twin DSP controller with 7 inch touch screen display. No additional measurement device required for commissioning.
The GRIDCON ACF Compact Active Harmonic Filter is ideal to reduce harmonics and neutral currents in the following applications.
- Hospitals and Office buildings
- Data Centres
- Any facility with many single phase loads
- Shopping Centres
- University Buildings and Research Centres